To be the prime agency instrumental for the development of a competitive timber industry.
To enhance the sustainable growth of the Malaysian timber industry through the provision of a conducive environment and continuous extension of quality services.
- Ensure that applications for registration as exporters, suppliers, processor,graders and jetty operators are approved within 3 days of receipt of the applications;
- Ensure that applications for the renewal of registration are approved within 2 days of receipt of the complete applications;
- Ensure that each application for the renewal of export and import licenses are processed online and approved within 30 minutes of receipt;
- Carry out timber inspection services on export consignments on the date of inspection requested, provided the application is received at least a day prior to the inspection date;
- Ensure full payment is made within 12 days after receipt of invoices;
- Conduct the Timber Verification Service in the period not exceeding 3 days after receipt of application;and
- Provide feedback to all trade inquiries received within 2 days.
MTIB is responsible for initiating development of the various sectors of the timber industry and providing technical, marketing and other forms of assistance to ensure their continued growth within a rapidly industrialising Malaysian economy. As specifically provided by the Act, MTIB objectives include:
- To further enhance industrialisation and upgrading of the timber industry with emphasis on value-added processing.
- To promote and improve the markets and marketing of timber products.
- To facilitate and strengthen the development of SMEs.
- To develop and promote standard in quality timber products.
- To foster orderliness in timber trade.
- To regulate and control the trade in, and the marketing and distribution of timber;
- To promote and improve the trade in, and markets for timber;
- To co-ordinate activities for effective marketing and shipping of timber;
- To encourage effective utilization of timber with emphasis on product diversification and to promote improvement and economy in the methods of processing timber;
- To provide technical advisory services and training required to assist in the development of existing timber industries and the establishment of new industries;
- To assist the timber industries in the marketing of timber;
- To organize and assist in the consolidation of the small-scale timber industries and the closer integration of the activities of the timber industries generally, so as to achieve greater efficiency in, and secure a stronger base for, the timber industry as a whole;
- To gather information on and maintain records of all relevant matters relating to the timber industry; and
- Generally to do everything within the scope of the objectives for the betterment and proper conduct of the timber industry