Malaysian Timber Industry Board (MTIB) is a federal statutory body responsible for the development of the timber industry of the country. In carrying out these responsibilities, MTIB took into account the human resource development as one of the critical elements that need to be addressed, so that the timber industry to enhance productivity, efficiency, quality, and have a value-added product. Therefore, to carry out their roles more effectively, then MTIB has established Wood Industry Skills Development Centre or Wood Industry Skills Development Centre (WISDEC) in Banting, Selangor in 1995 and another in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah in 2005. WISDEC establishment is consistent with our objective to accelerate the transfer of technology and the processing of value-added wood products such as furniture, joinery and moldings. WISDEC main objective is:
- To provide an industry-oriented skills training
- To Helps improve the supply of skilled and knowledgeable;
- To Provide technical advice in the production of furniture;
- To expedite technology transfer through technical training for the modernization of wood processing industry
- To assist in the product development.
"To enhance the development of human resources in the timber industry, with particular emphasis on downstream processing to increase its productivity and competitiveness"
"To be the leading instituition for industrial training and provision of technical advisory services on downstream timber processing"