1. The e-productguide was created to provide exporters and importers of wood products with information on wood classification for declaration purposes in compliance with customs codes.
2. Effective 1 September 2013, based on the regulatory requirements of Customs (Prohibition of Exports) Order 2012 and Customs (Prohibition of Imports) Order 2012, MTIB will issue export licenses for 24 wood products and import licenses for 3 wood products.
3. To export to countries in the European Union (EU), the exporter needs to obtain an export license from MTIB and a MyTLAS License.
4. For Customs Codes (Headings & Sub-Headings ), Descriptions of Goods, Import Rates, Export Rates, Sales Tax and Excise, exporters and importers can visit the website of the Royal MalaysianCustoms( www.customs.gov.my ) or ( tariff.customs.gov.my )
To obtain the information, please take the following steps;
i. Tariff Type
PDK : customs code for International countries
AHTN : Asean custom code for Asean countries
ii. Search Tariff
Search Criteria :
HS CODE : Typethe relevantheading ofthe customs code
ITEM DESCRIPTION : Typeof descriptionitems
iii. Search Keywood : Type inanykeyword in searching
iv. Search : Press for searching
5. For further information, please contact MTIB’s Regional or nearest State Office.
A)The Table below shows the list of wood products which require export licenses.
|3||Wood in chip or particle||4401.21 000,4401.22 000|
|4||Wood charcoal||4402.90 000|
|5||Logs (including baulks and roughly squared)||4403|
|7||Wood wool ; Wood flour||4405.00|
|8||Railways or tramway sleepers||4406|
|14||Plywood, veneered panel and similar laminated wood||4412|
|15||Densified wood||4413.00 000|
|16||Wooden frames||4414.00 000|
|17||Cask, barrels, vats, tub and other coopers products, of wood, including staves||4416.00 000|
|18||Tool, broom and brush bodies and handles, of wood||4417.00 000|
|19||Builders joinery and carpentry, of wood||4418|
|20||Tableware and kitchenware, of wood||4419.00 000|
|21||Articles of wooden furniture||4420.90.200|
|22||Other articles of wood||4421|
|23||Wood pulp||47.01, 47.02, 47.03, 47.04, 47.05, 47.06|
|24||Prefabricated buildings, of wood||9406.00 200|
B) The Table below shows the list of wood products that require import licenses.
|1||Logs (including baulks and roughly squared)||4403|
|2||Poles and piles of Bakau (Rhizophora spp)||4403.99 515|
|3||Plywood, veneered panel and similar laminated wood||4412|
C) The Table below shows the list of wood products which require an export license and a MyTLAS license.
|1||Seats of bamboo or rattan and other seats, with wooden frames||9401.51 000,9401.61 000,9401.69 000|
|2||Wooden Furniture||9403.30 000,9403.40 000,9403.50 000,9403.60 100,9403.60 200,9403.60 900|